8th Annual Real Estate for Law Clerks
Program originally held on October 22, 2009
This publication examines the latest legislative changes and emerging issues of interest to real estate law clerks in their day-to-day work. These materials will prove to be a valuable resource when your next file deals with bankruptcy, insolvency and receiverships, requisitions and fixing title, landlord and tenant bankruptcies, mortgage enforcement, and superpriorities.
View Table of Contents (PDF)
Page Count: 198
Program duration: 6 hour(s) 18 minute(s)
You will learn about:
- Update on Mortgage Enforcement Practice and Procedure and Agreements of Purchase and Sale under Powers of Sale
- Issues Raised in the Context of a Landlord or Tenant Bankruptcyale
- The New Client Identification and Verification Requirements - An Update
- Recognizing the Signs of Fraud in Mortgage Transactions
- Zoning Due Diligence
- Fixint Titles - How to Deal with Requisitions
- Condominium Law - New Trends and Emerging Issues
- What Law Clerks Need to Know about Bankruptcy, Insolvency and Receiverships
- Understanding Priorities Issues
- Land Registration Update
- Understanding Fraudulent Conveyances -- Avoiding the Traps
- Go Ahead and Ask Us (Q and A Session)
Note: Viewing archived webcasts, video replays, or other on demand or recorded program formats without a colleague is now an eligible educational activity for the annual CPD Requirement for up to 6 CPD Hours per calendar year.
Note: Effective April 26, 2012 new members may now apply any program or activity that contains a minimum of 0.5 Professionalism Hours toward the annual CPD requirement.
Accredited programs that took place prior to 2012 are accredited for a one year period and will appear in the Member Portal for 1 year from program date. After that time they are no longer accredited for professionalism hours. Members may apply the time spent viewing these programs toward their Substantive Hours, or they may apply for re-accreditation of the program. 2012 programs are valid for 3 years from the program date. To apply for accreditation of the professionalism content in this program please visit: http://rc.lsuc.on.ca/jsp/cpd/cpdAccredProcess.jsp